Saturday, July 30, 2011

Summer Steelhead eat trout flies..

Had the pleasure of floating the willamette with my buddy steve in the Oregon Duck drift boat. Had many takes on swung flies, but no solid hookups. I decided to throw some nymphs on my Echo 10' 6wt. I hooked the firrst fish on a size 8 possie bugger. I thought it was a trout at first because the fish didnt do much. As soon as the drift boat caught up to where the fish was, all hell broke loose and the fish headed for the other side of the river. I managed to catch up to the fish, but it bent my hook and ran off.

This gave me some confidence in the flies and i later connected on a fish that bit twice(one i was not even remotely paying attention) and one the next drift a take down and paydirt!

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment